Community Involvement Guidelines
Community Involvement Guidelines and How to Submit a Request
Thanks for your interest in submitting a community involvement request. We love helping our neighbors and if your request meets our eligibility requirements, we'll be happy to take a look at it. Here are our general giving guidelines:
- Eligible organizations must be non-profit and tax exempt as defined in section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue code; or a public entity.
- Contributions are generally awarded to qualified non-profits located in the communities WSECU serves.
- Organizations seeking financial support may be asked to verify that their programs and services are offered without discrimination.
- Organization, event or program must be within Washington State.
Please note WSECU generally does not provide support for:
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Political lobbying or campaigns
- Organizations engaging in discriminatory practices
- Trips or tours
- Golf tournaments
If you think you're a good fit, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your request at least 90 days in advance of your event if it is date-specific. WSECU has a rolling request process; however, please note that we budget each fall for the following calendar year. Ready? Submit your request including the following information:
- Name of your organization
- How your request aligns with our four pillars of giving and our giving guidelines. Here's a recap of the four pillars:
- Education: This pillar aligns with K-12 schools, GEAR UP and Washington's higher education institutions.
- Self Sufficency: Support in the form of basic needs and stability (e.g., food banks, clothing banks, shelters, etc.), and financial education with free financial workshops is the purpose of this pillar.
- Public Employees and Assets: Public employee programs and events as well as our state's public treasures are supported in this pillar.
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship: This pillar advocates for programs and initiatives that foster a vibrant local economy.
- Location of your organization or event. Please include address, city and a phone number where we can reach you.
- Type of request: Any other pertinent details such as date, number of participants, sponsor benefits, etc.
- Donation (auction item, prizes, etc.)
- Grant (financial support for initiatives and programs)
- Sponsorship (events or activities that typically include marketing exposure)
- In-kind contributions (Financial Wellness class instruction, surplus equipment, staff volunteerism, etc.)
Once again, thanks for your interest and for taking a few minutes to see how we give back to our communities. If we can answer any questions for you, give us a call at 800.562.0999 x10917.