How Mechanical Repair Coverage Works
It's never a good time for your vehicle to break down, especially when it comes to the expense of repairing it. While we can't help with the inconvenience of being without your wheels while they're being repaired, we can help with keeping the costs down with Mechanical Repair Coverage.
This optional coverage is available for new and used vehicles. The cost – which is less expensive than many other extended warranties you would typically purchase elsewhere – can be included in your WSECU loan.
Mechanical Repair Coverage Features & Benefits
- Coverage can be added to your vehicle loan with us.
- Three plan options – Platinum, Gold, and Silver.
- Low and no deductible options.
- No out-of-pocket expenses (excluding deductible).
- You're covered at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. and Canada.
- All plans include rental car reimbursement and 24/7 roadside assistance.
What isn't covered:
- Normal maintenance services and parts.
- Body structure and parts, trim, moldings, glass, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, etc.
- Aftermarket equipment, components, systems or accessories not installed by the manufacturer.
- Abuse, misuse and lack of customary maintenance.
How do I add Mechanical Repair Coverage to an existing loan?
To add Mechanical Repair Coverage to an existing loan, the vehicle must be less than 12 years old and have no more than 120,000 odometer miles.
Stop by your nearest branch or call 800.562.0999 and we'll be happy to discuss your options.
How do I file a claim?
Ask the authorized repair facility to determine what is wrong with the vehicle, and have the service manager contact the Consumer Program Administrators at 800.752.6265 to pre-authorize the repair.
The claim rep will work with the service manager to pay the repair facility directly.
For help with a claim, contact the Consumer Program Administrators at 800.752.6265.
What if I sell the vehicle before my coverage runs out?
If you sell your vehicle to a private party, your coverage can be transferred to the next owner.
If you trade the vehicle in to a dealer, you can cancel your coverage and receive a pro-rated refund minus an administrative fee.
This is only a summary of the Mechanical Repair Agreement. Please read the contract for specifics on coverage, exclusions and limitations.