WSECU offers two youth accounts: Munny Bunny for children up to age 12 and JustU for those ages 18-25. Our Munny Bunny Account provides a fun way to teach young children how to save and our JustU Account gives young adults the tools they need to gain financial independence. Details on each account are described below.
Munny Bunny Account
If you have children who are 12 or younger, we have the perfect way to help them have fun while learning how to save: A Munny Bunny Account.
Multiplying is Easy
With a Munny Bunny Account, it’s easy to multiply your children’s savings. Here’s an example: a monthly deposit of $100 for 10 years — not including dividends — will add up to $12,000 by the time they’re 10 years old. It’s a great way to start saving for college or other major expenses for the future.
Opening a Munny Bunny Account
You can open a Munny Bunny Account in your child’s name with a minimum $5 deposit. Dividends earned will be reported under your child’s Social Security Number.
Limited-Time Offer: Munny Bunny Journal and Toy
Open a Munny Bunny Account at any WSECU branch and receive a free* Munny Bunny keepsake journal and a plush Munny Bunny toy while supplies last. They’re the perfect gifts for kids as they begin a lifetime of smart saving. Hop on in and open a Munny Bunny Account today!
*Munny Bunny toy (valued at $5.50) is limited to accounts for children 12 and under upon eligibility and account approval. Keepsake journal (valued at $9.50) is limited to current WSECU accountholders in good standing in conjunction with minor account opening. No cash value in lieu of bonus gifts. Offer limited to new minor accounts only. Minimum deposit of $5 to establish saving account required. Limit one Munny Bunny toy per child’s account. Limit one journal per qualified adult sponsor account/membership.
If you’re 18-25 years old, our JustU account is ideal for helping you achieve your financial goals through a variety of products and services. Whether it’s saving for a new vehicle, a down payment on a home or simply moving toward financial security, our JustU account offers the means to meet your goals.
- Your $5 opening deposit is covered1 – WSECU will make the initial $5 deposit required to start your membership.
- No-fee Money Mover checking – There are no minimum balance requirements or monthly service fees and we’ll also provide the first box of checks for free2!
- Visa® debit card – Use it for fee-free account access at any WSECU or CO-OP® ATM and to pay for purchases everywhere Visa is accepted. You’ll also earn Reward points on purchases3.
- Free account alerts4 – Account alerts are a great way to stay updated on your account. Sign up to have them sent to your mobile device or e-mail.
- Free mobile banking5 – Keep tabs on your account anytime, anywhere with mobile banking via your web-enabled mobile device.
- Free online banking6 – Online banking gives you the ability to manage your accounts whenever it’s convenient for you. From reviewing account balances to applying for a loan, you’ll come to rely on this 24/7 virtual branch.
- Free bill pay7 – Let online bill pay do the work for you, safely and securely. Set up all your one time and recurring payees, the payment amount and date…and you’re done!
- Free e-statements – You’ll receive an e-mail when your account statements have been posted for viewing through online banking. It’s convenient and secure, plus you’ll be doing your bit for the environment.
- Classic Visa® credit card8 – Unlike other spendy cards, WSECU’s Visa credit card will help you establish credit responsibly and affordably.
- Certificate accounts – Open a JustU Certificate Account and enjoy two special benefits: a low initial deposit of $100 and, to give you an added boost, we'll deposit an additional $259! Make additional deposits anytime to accelerate your savings.
- One-on-one money management support – Need a little help in managing your finances? Our Member Service Officers are available to give you a hand.
Take the next step toward meeting – or exceeding – your financial goals with a JustU account. After all, at WSECU, it pays to be U!
1WSECU will make the required $5 opening deposit to your savings account upon account approval. The $5 will be reflected at year-end on your 1099-INT form to the IRS. Offer limited to eligible new members 18-25. Not valid with other offers. Limit one offer per member.
2Standard WSECU image checks only.
3See Rewards Terms and Conditions.
4Text alerts are part of WSECU’s account alerts service. WSECU is not responsible for charges incurred. Check your mobile service provider’s plan for complete details. Account alerts must be activated through online banking.
5Phone or mobile device must be compatible with mobile banking service. Data charges may apply; consult your service provider. See Mobile Banking Service Addendum.
6See Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
7WSECU checking account required for bill pay services.
8Subject to credit approval.
9Open any certificate with a minimum of $100. Upon deposit of $100 to any new JustU Certificate, a bonus of $25 will be deposited to the certificate. No cash value in lieu of bonus offer. Offer limited to new or existing JustU accounts only upon eligibility and account approval. Must be a member in good standing. Limit of one offer per member. Funds not accessible for withdrawal or transfer for 90 days. Closure of certificate prior to 90 days forfeits bonus offer. Early withdrawal penalty may/will be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings. Refer to current Certificate Rate and Fee Schedule at wsecu.org or our branches. The $25 bonus will be reflected in dividend earnings and will be reported at year end on your 1099-INT form to the IRS.