Shredding sensitive documents is a great way to protect yourself from fraud. Here are eight resources to help you find free shredding services near you.
- The Washington State Office of the Attorney General maintains a list of community shred events across the state.
- LeMay Mobile Shredding offers free community shred events in western Washington. Check the Community Shred Event Calendar for times and locations.
- King County Recycling Collection Events may provide opportunities to shred documents. Please see the website for details.
- Kittitas County residents have access to free confidential shredding through the Solid Waste Office.
- Lewis County’s Solid Waste Utility organizes sensitive document shredding events, as well as recycling events that include opportunities to shred documents. See the calendar for details.
- Pierce County residents can find a list of local shred events through the Pierce County government.
- In Spokane County, DeVries Business Services offers multiple community shred days. Please see the calendar for times and locations.
- The Thurston County Solid Waste department tracks community shred events in its Where Do I Take My? directory.