Skip to main content

Main Header

Important Notifications

Opening a Business Account?

1 minute read

Here's What You'll Need

Sole proprietorship

  • WA business license
  • SSN, ITIN or EIN
  • Valid photo ID

Limited Partnerships (LTD) or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)

  • WA business license
  • Partnership Agreement – must include names of the partners – if names are not included articles of formation would be required
  • Articles of formation (if names are not listed in partnership agreement)
  • Valid photo ID

Limited Liability Company (LLC)

  • WA business license – must include names of the members, if names are not listed on LLC agreement*
  • LLC agreement
  • All owners must be on the account unless stated otherwise in the LLC Agreement
  • Articles of Formation
  • Valid photo ID

*If individually owned or owned by a married couple, LLC agreement and Articles of Formation are not required.

Corporation or nonprofit

  • WA business license
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Bylaws – needed if names are not listed in Articles of Incorporation, or the Articles reference bylaws
  • Certification of Formation
  • Meeting minutes listing who is responsible for the account are required if all owners named in the Articles or bylaws are not on the account.
  • Valid photo ID


  • Meeting minutes
  • Valid photo ID

Your perspective is important to us and helps us see where we’re hitting the mark and where there might be areas to improve.