Certificate Rate and Fee Schedule Details
Rates Effective Date: Feb. 17, 2021
This Rate and Fee Schedule sets forth current conditions, rates, fees and charges applicable to your deposit accounts at Washington State Employees Credit Union at this time. The Credit Union may offer other rates or amend the rates contained in this schedule from time to time. For current rates please call 800.562.0999. Each account holder agrees to the terms set forth on this Rate and Fee Schedule and acknowledges that it is a part of the Consumer and Business Account Agreements. The National Credit Union Administration insures your savings, checking, and certificate accounts with WSECU up to $250,000.00 on an individual account and up to $250,000.00 for Individual Retirement Accounts, through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. For additional insurance coverage information please visit https://www.ncua.gov/
Certificate Rate and Fee Schedule Disclaimers
TRUTH-IN-SAVINGS ACCOUNT DISCLOSURES: The rates appearing in this schedule are accurate and effective as of the effective date indicated above. (Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts.)
Rate Information: The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APY) on your accounts are set forth above. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the term of the account. The Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. Withdrawal of dividends (prior to maturity) will reduce earnings and affect the APY.
- Nature of Dividends: Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of a dividend period. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield set forth above are accurate as of the Effective Date, which the Credit Union anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period.
- Compounding and Crediting: Dividends will be compounded and credited monthly. The dividend period for all certificate accounts is monthly beginning on the first calendar day of the month and ending on the last calendar day of the month. Once dividends are credited to the certificate they become part of the principle balance and are subject to the early withdrawal penalty.
Balance Information: The minimum balances required to open each account are set forth above, this amount is also the minimum to earn the disclosed APY. Dividends are calculated by the Average Daily Balance method, which applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. Reduced minimum balance requirement from $1,000 to $250 for certificates opened on or after November 29, 2018.
- Accrual of Dividends: Dividends will begin to accrue on the business day you deposit to your account. If you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, accrued dividends will not be paid.
- Transaction Limitations: You may make additional deposits to your certificate account only at maturity. You may make withdrawals of dividends monthly by an automatic transfer.
- Maturity: Your account will mature within the term set forth above or maturity date set forth on your Account Receipt or Renewal Notice.
- Account Limitations: Money Mover II accounts require a minimum-qualifying certificate (12-month or longer/$2,000 minimum).
- Amount of Penalty: The amount of the early withdrawal penalty is 90 days of dividends for certificate account terms of 6 months- 60 months or 365 days of dividends for the 84 month certificate account for any withdrawal prior to maturity. How the Penalty works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal. Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances: (i) When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction. (ii) When the certificate account is an Individual Retirement Account and the withdrawal is for the annual required minimum distribution.
- Renewal Policy: Certificate accounts are automatically renewable and will renew for an additional term upon maturity. There is a 10-calendar day grace period in order to close the account without penalty. Please notify us prior to maturity if you do not wish this account to automatically renew (dividends will not be paid after maturity). The entire deposit may then be transferred to another account of yours.
- Nontransferable/Nonnegotiable: Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable. The funds in your account may not be pledged to secure any obligations of an owner, except obligations with the Credit Union.
JustU: Accounts available to members between the ages of 18-25. WSECU will make a $25 bonus deposit to new JustU Certificates opened with a minimum $100 deposit. Offer limited to new or existing JustU accounts for eligible members in good standing. One offer per member. Funds not accessible for withdrawal or transfer for 90 days. Closure of certificate prior to 90 days forfeits bonus offer. $25 bonus deposit will be reflected in dividend earnings and will be reported at year end on members’ 1099-INT forms to the IRS. Annual Percentage Yield (APY): Fees may reduce earnings. APY is based on a $250 assumed deposit. Availability: Certificate is only available to Consumer, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA Accounts.