Skip to main content

Main Header

Enter a term to load popular Topics & and Help results...

View all # Search Results
Go back to the search field

Important Notifications

Branch Services Notification

Hours and service availability are updated regularly based on regional conditions. Please visit our branch services page to plan your visit.

Dismiss Branch Services Notification

Accellion Data Breach

Have questions about the Accellion data breach reported by the State Auditor’s Office? Learn how to protect your account.

Dismiss Accellion Data Breach

Dormant and Escheated Accounts - FAQs

1 minute read

Frequently Asked Questions about Dormant and Escheated Accounts

When does an account become dormant?

After one year without any activity. If your account reaches dormancy, we'll contact you and share your options for reactivating your account.

What should I do if I receive notice my account is dormant?

You can perform a transaction, give us a call at , visit your nearest branch or return our correspondence with your chosen course of action.

What does it mean for an account to be escheated?

After a three-year period of no activity, the State of Washington considers funds in the account to be unclaimed. On a yearly basis, all Washington State financial institutions are required to close these accounts and escheat the funds; i.e., send them to the Washington State Department of Revenue until they are claimed by the owner. 

How can I claim my funds if my account has been escheated?

You can go to the Washington State Department of Revenue’s Claim Your Cash website or call them at .

Your perspective is important to us and helps us see where we’re hitting the mark and where there might be areas to improve.