Transferring a Vehicle Title to Another State

If you're relocating to another state and want to transfer the title of a vehicle you have financed with us, here is information on the process.

Information we need:
  • Instructions for transferring the title from the licensing office where the original title will be mailed.
The process:
  • You'll need to contact the motor vehicle/licensing department in the state where you'll be moving to start the process.
  • The paperwork and fees will be handled at the licensing office.
  • You'll need to provide us with instructions from the licensing office as to where the original title should be mailed.
  • Once we've received the instructions, we'll mail the original title to the address provided by the licensing office. The title will not be mailed to the registered owner(s).

Please fax (360.570.3539) or e-mail the instructions from the licensing office as soon as possible to Lending Administration. We may need to order a title from the Washington Department of Licensing to complete the requested transaction, which can take a minimum of 10 business days.

If you have questions, please contact Lending Administration at 800.562.0999 x10591.