Skip to main content

Main Header

Important Notifications

How to Transfer a Vehicle Title to Another State

1 minute read

Learn how to transfer a vehicle title to another state

If you're relocating to another state and have a vehicle loan with us, here’s how to transfer the vehicle title:

  • Contact the motor vehicle/licensing department in the state where you’re moving to start the process. The paperwork and fees will be handled there.
  • Please send us with instructions from the licensing office on mailing the original title to Consumer Loan Servicing by fax (360.570.3539) or email.
  • We may need to order a title from the Washington Department of Licensing, which can take a minimum of 10 business days. Once we've received the instructions and have the title, we'll mail it to the address provided by the licensing office.

Your perspective is important to us and helps us see where we’re hitting the mark and where there might be areas to improve.