Sending a Wire Transfer
- Visit your nearest branch or give us a call at 800.562.0999 with instructions, and we'll set it up.
- Transfer requests for the same business day must be received prior to 2:30 pm that day.
- We are only able to send domestic wire transfers.
Please have the following information available:
- Recipient's account number
- Recipient's name as it appears on the account
- The receiving financial institution's routing number
- Any additional instructions the recipient would like included
- If you are sending a wire for the purchase of a home or vehicle, or as a payment of an invoice, please ask the recipient for official wire instructions and provide them to us.
If you're an owner on the account you are wiring to, a free alternative is to set up an external transfer in Online Banking to move money to your other account. See our how-to article for details.
Receiving a Wire
You'll need to provide the sender with:
- Your account number
- Your name as it appears on your account
- WSECU's routing number – 325181028
The financial institution sending the wire transfer may also request contact information for WSECU. If so, provide the following:
330 Union Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501
Wire Transfer Timelines
- Outgoing wires are posted and sent throughout each business day until 2:30 pm.
- Incoming wires are posted by the end of the day on the same business day they are received.
Wire transfers are subject to fees – see our Rate and Fee Schedule for details.
Wire Transfer Fraud Prevention Tips:
- Wires are great for moving money to trusted businesses or individuals. If you need to send funds to someone you don't know, consider alternatives like Bill Pay, personal check or cashier's check.
- If you receive a check payment and the sender requests you wire back a portion of the amount, be cautious. This is a common fraud pattern, and the check may be counterfeit.