Protecting You from Fraud
One of our top priorities is to protect you from fraud. To do so, we use Falcon, Visa® USA's fraud protection service. This service continuously monitors your WSECU debit, credit and ATM cards to help identify and prevent fraudulent transactions.
How Falcon Works
Falcon analyzes your card activity and identifies transactions that are unusual or outside your normal spending patterns.
When fraudulent activity is suspected, there are several things that may happen, depending on the transaction patterns Falcon is monitoring:
- You may be contacted by our fraud protection service's automated system to verify the transaction.
- You will be prompted to authenticate your account through multiple-choice questions to verify your zip code and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- If you are unavailable when Falcon contacts you and you have voicemail, the system will leave a case number and phone number for you to call. When you call, you will be asked for your case number or 16-digit card number.
- A specific transaction may be declined.
- In some instances, your card may be blocked as an added measure of protection.
If you experience declined transactions or your card is blocked, contact us at 800.562.0999. If you are outside the United States, please call 360.943.7911. If it is after business hours, the best option is to use an alternate form of payment. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope you understand the importance of protecting you from fraud.
If you receive a call from our fraud protection service about a transaction you did not authorize, please indicate that the transaction is unauthorized and they will immediately block the card. Contact us at one of the numbers above during business hours so we can help you with next steps, including issuing you a new card.
Keep in mind, our fraud protection service can only reach you if we have your up to date contact information on file. If you need to update your contact information, take a look at these instructions.
Restrictions to Note
From time to time, WSECU places restrictions on countries based on trends or common areas where fraudulent transactions have been identified. This means that transactions in those countries will not be permitted with your WSECU issued card. Please contact us if you plan on traveling for full details on current card restrictions.
Fraud Monitoring and Your Travels
Falcon's toll-free number (866.221.5006) does not work internationally. If you are traveling abroad, we suggest doing a little footwork to be prepared. Take a look at our Ideas and Tips for Hassle-Free Travels article to get started.