Information on skipping payments
Skip a monthly payment at your discretion
Skip-a-Pay is a handy WSECU benefit you probably didn’t even know you had. If your loan is eligible, you can skip your next payment. There’s no penalty. It’s pretty useful in a pinch.
Things to know about Skip-a-Pay
- Although you can skip a payment, interest will continue to accrue.
- Automatic payments may need to be managed separately.
- Some loan types are not eligible (for those, the option will not appear). See below for details.
- Some restrictions may apply. See below for details.
- Only the primary account holder can access Skip-a-Pay. Joint borrowers can call 800.562.0999 to process a skip.
- Eligible accounts that are past due still qualify for Skip-a-Pay and double skip if the delinquency is fewer than 60 days.
Now you can skip two consecutive payments on eligible loans and credit cards. Please note that each skip must be processed separately. After processing the first skip, if your next payment is due within 30 days, you may immediately process your second skip. If your next payment due date is more than 30 days away, you will not be able to process a second skip until the payment due date is within 30 days.
Visa® credit cards are an exception. Because their payment cycles always begin on the 18th day of the month, Visa credit cards do not become eligible for a skip until the 18th day of the month prior as long as all other eligibility requirements are met.
- First mortgage
- Home equity
- Loans over 60 days delinquent
- Loans that are charged off or included in a bankruptcy
- Loans that have been open fewer than 90 days
- Loans with no payments made
- Smart Solutions
- Student loans
- WSECU Create Visa credit card
- Commercial loans